Buff Bones® Instructor Training
Science. Movement. Motivation. Business. Community.
AN ENTIRE SYSTEM FOR BONE AND JOINT HEALTH
More than just a set of exercises, Buff Bones® is a system of movement which builds your confidence in teaching those facing issues of bone and joint health. The bone-strengthening and balance-enhancing workouts are safe, medically-endorsed and adaptable to varying levels and different populations.
The workouts uniquely help those with bone and joint concerns, including issues like osteoporosis, arthritis and general back and neck pain. But the workouts can benefit anyone! Those looking to tone up, enhance posture, improve balance, and gain strength in general will also benefit.
THE GUIDANCE YOU’VE BEEN SEEKING
The Instructor Training teaches you the Buff Bones® system and its research-supported design. The system gives you a framework to create a safe and effective movement and exercise class for bone and joint health, with the freedom to creatively structure it as you wish. You’ll learn various bone-strengthening and balance-enhancing techniques integrating movement forms like Pilates, strength training, functional movement and therapeutic exercise along with innovative sequences using science and movement principles.
SIMPLE YET NUANCED
The beauty of the Buff Bones® system lies in its simplicity. The foundation exercises are uncomplicated yet highly nuanced. And the training assists you in guiding them in a clear, succinct manner. The key is specificity of movement. You will discover how precision makes all the difference, both in performing the exercises as well as in teaching them. Simple can also be sophisticated!
TAKE YOUR TEACHING TO A NEW LEVEL
The Instructor Training course is far more than just a lesson in the Buff Bones® system. The course strives to elevate your teaching and offer you insights to walk away with a fresh perspective.
- Anatomical Knowledge
- Lessons in functional anatomy and biomechanics principles.
- Conditions and Injuries Management
- A special populations lesson to equip you to work with varying conditions and injuries (i.e. somebody comes in with a hip replacement, or has stenosis and is told that she cannot do back extension yet needs to strengthen her back).
- Communication Skills
- Advanced teaching and presenting skills to help you grow as an instructor and advocate.
AN ESTABLISHED BRAND
Buff Bones® is a highly sought-after, tried and true brand with a global reputation and trained instructors in more than 25 countries. Established in 2009, it’s been taught around the world at conferences, studios, hospitals and spas and recommended by leading healthcare professionals.
- Medical endorsements include the former U.S. Surgeon General and Dr. Christiane Northrup
- Appearances include the International Osteoporosis Foundation Worldwide Conference, Canyon Ranch and Rancho La Puerta
WOMEN’S HEALTH IS PAVING THE WAY
The Instructor Training course qualifies as one of the select modules toward Carolyne Anthony’s Women’s Health & Exercise Certification™. Get one step closer to your women’s health specialist credential, becoming an in-demand practitioner with new business opportunities.
Catapult your Career!
Buff Bones® Osteoporosis in Depth
1 in 2 women over the age of 50 and 1 in 4 men have low bone density with prediction of a fracture in his or her lifetime. Meanwhile, younger individuals are getting diagnosed with osteoporosis more frequently. This one day fundamentals workshop provides the scientific basis of understanding osteoporosis for all movement professionals in a clear, accessible format.
- Bone physiology and metabolism to understand normal bone loss versus excessive
- How osteoporosis is diagnosed and how to interpret a bone density report
- Risk factors and prevention methods
- Recent findings about osteoporosis and its precursor, osteopenia
- The biomechanics of bone loading
- Fracture prevention tips
- Bone density versus bone quality
- Bone strengthening protocols and safe exercises for osteoporosis
- Balance and posture enhancement tools
- Movement contraindications for bone loss and the rationale and research supporting them
- Psychological factors to consider in working with clients with bone loss
- Up-to-date information on medication and nutrition guidelines
- Case study applications
- Earn 8 PMA CECs
Combining science and movement along with Rebekah’s personal experience as a patient, the workshop applies the morning lecture information to exercise in the afternoon.
Enhance your critical thinking skills and expand your knowledge of functional anatomy in a fun and creative environment. Empower yourself and your clients with osteoporosis. You’ll walk away with a fresh outlook and techniques to implement immediately.
The workshop includes a comprehensive manual including sample bone density screening tests and reference list.
This workshop best prepares instructors for the Buff Bones® Instructor Training.
Read What Others Had to Say
“Buff Bones® Instructor Training is a no-brainer for Pilates teachers who encounter clients with low bone mass or osteoporosis. But it is so much more. In addition to her expertise on the subject of bone health, Rebekah Rotstein offers a masterful presentation of how to teach movement, from the art of cueing individual exercises to the science of constructing a logically sequenced program. For any fitness professional looking to better serve any client, Buff Bones® Instructor Training is well worth the investment!”