Meet the Team
Founder & Creator
Buff Bones® creator Rebekah Rotstein, PMA®-CPT is a movement educator and certified Pilates instructor who presents at conferences, resorts and symposia around the world on topics of bone health, anatomy and movement. She was introduced to Pilates to treat injuries that curtailed her career as a ballet dancer before attending Smith College, where she worked in the Sports Medicine department. Rebekah trained in Pilates at the Kane School in New York City under the tutelage of Kelly Kane, where she later served as a Senior Expert Instructor and led coursework including Special Populations as part of the teacher training faculty and developed her own continuing education workshops.
When she was diagnosed with osteoporosis at age 28, her focus took a new direction to share insights and options to those with low bone density and exercise professionals caring for them. Her work in the field of osteoporosis led Hatherleigh Medical Education to invite her to write an evidence-based continuing education lesson on osteoporosis and exercise which began the genesis of research backing the Buff Bones® system. She developed Buff Bones® with a research-supported design to offer bone health education and exercise to manage and prevent bone and joint issues for people of all ages.
Rebekah’s education extends to various modalities of movement. Beyond Pilates, she has studied with Sara Meeks in the Meeks Method of osteoporosis treatment and management for physical therapists and has trained and collaborated with fitness industry veteran Jeff Bell for more than a decade. In addition to working alongside renowned physical therapists and physicians across the country, her extensive ongoing study of the body includes year-long Body-Mind Centering®-based somatic coursework with Amy Matthews and immersion courses at medical schools along with seven annual cadaver dissections with Gil Hedley, PhD. She also has trained in Visceral Manipulation with the Barral Institute and attended the Fascia Research Summer School in Ulm, Germany.
Rebekah’s other credentials include:
- Guest instructor at the popular online studio Pilates Anytime
- International presenter at Pilates conferences including the Pilates Method Alliance, Pilates on Tour and Pilates Leader Programme (South America)
- Presenter at the International Osteoporosis Foundation Worldwide Conference for Osteoporosis Patient Societies
- Presenter at Triarq symposium for physicians and physical therapists as well as Canyon Ranch and Rancho La Puerta
- Continuing education faculty for Kinected in New York City
- Ambassador for American Bone Health
- Former partner of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of Women’s Health.
- Former movement therapist for pioneering pain management physician and author Loren Fishman, MD
- Contributing writer for the websites of Andrew Weil and the International Osteoporosis Foundation as well as Pilates Style Magazine
- Media resource for outlets including CNN and Self Magazine
When not running the Buff Bones® business, teaching, or traveling around the world, Rebekah can be found dancing Argentine tango. (If nothing else, she packs her tango shoes along with her passport.)